Thursday 25 August 2016

Cover Love #12


It's that time of the week again where we are back with our popular feature, Cover Love! This is the most amazing Jordan Carat here, along with the so-so Zoella Rose ready to serve up our thoughts on this weeks entourage of book covers.

Cover Love by Pentatwine


Winter Queen by Amber Argyle | Cover Love
Winter Queen by Amber Argyle

Jordan: While I like the tumultuous hues of blue, I find that this cover somehow lacks the finesse it needs to really stand out. And I really disapprove of the colour of the title font.

Zoella: I love this cover. The colour palette of the wings ranging from violet to white is simply stunning. The little fairies flying around add another layer to the story. The character is caught mid dance, which is not usually seen in covers, and it looks pretty. Bonus points for the flower crown.

P.S: I agree with Jordan about the font colour, it's boring (finally we agree on something).

The wondrous and the Wicked by Page Morgan | Cover Love
The wondrous and the Wicked by Page Morgan

Jordan: This does not seem to be the kind of book that I would voluntarily pick up. I don't like the hazy lines, and the cover looks like a blurry mess to me. (I have got my glasses on, thank you very much!)

Zoella: This is the second or third book of the trilogy and doesn't it look amazing? I saw a picture on instagram of all the book together and it looked so aesthetic. But, when I searched for this cover, I saw other versions of the same, it looked more historical, which confuses me about the genre. Which genre is it actually?

Love Beyond Measure by Bethany Claire | Cover Love
Love Beyond Measure by Bethany Claire

Jordan: While I have waxed eloquent about my love for pastels, I do adore a good autumn themed shade card. However, the transition from the upper scene to the lower scene is quite jarring; and that white title font does nothing to tie it all together. This does miss the mark for me.

Zoella: For me what attracted me to the cover was the different looks of the woman and her reflection. And it is a Scottish time travel romance, so if you are fan of Outlander, then this might be right up your alley.


 The immortal Game by Joannah Miley | Cover Love
The immortal Game by Joannah Miley

Jordan: Wow, are we on a roll here? Another cover that I don't like. While I'm all about simplistic designs, this one rubs me the wrong way. I would pick this up, make a face at it, and then completely steer clear of it. I don't find anything redeeming about this cover. An absolute nay from me.

Zoella: This cover looks so interesting. The girl with the bow standing on a chessboard and a mysterious guy walking into the mist. Intriguing. I also love the font used. I am adding this book to my TBR pile right now.

Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine | Cover Love
Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine

Jordan: First up,the title font is fantastic.I love the dark yet bright imagery. That play with the opposite colours on the colour wheel sure is intriguing. This is a great cover to break my streak of disapproval till now.

Zoella: I absolutely adore this cover. Love the font, the background imagery and the ink dragons. I don't have one bad thing to say about this cover.

The Passionate Queen by Jovee Winters | cover love
The Passionate Queen by Jovee Winters

Jordan: Maybe I spoke too soon. I'm blinded by all the red here, and I'm not a fan of the psychedelic concentric circles they have going in the lower half. But I do appreciate that the cover seems to complement the theme well enough. 

Zoella: This may not be my favourite cover in this series. But, this cover is also pretty good. Just the tagline makes me wanna read this book. I can see hearts and cards flying inside the glass bowl, so I am guessing it has something to do with Queen of Hearts. If you like this sort of covers, you should definitely check out the rest of the series. Each one is better than the last.

Happily Ever all-star by Sosie Frost | cover love
Happily Ever all-star by Sosie Frost

Jordan: Oh, I definitely spoke too soon! This cover is beyond all things salvageable. The stark white and neon colours, and the steroid-pumped guy at the back (very conveniently positioned, might I add); I could go on and on, except that these are all what this cover has. Nay. Enough said.

Zoella: This book is not my genre, but these type of covers do a great job of attracting readers, especially when you are browsing Amazon. Neon colours on monochrome is always a winner. If I rememeber correctly, a similar cover with Neon Pink instead of green was featured here previously, probably by the same author.

Update: It was Beauty and the Blitz

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole | cover love
A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole


Jordan: 'Pretty' doesn't cut it. I love this cover. The hazy, out-of-focus flowers in the backdrop, the water drops adding to the whimsical feel, and the origami heart which takes the cake. I adore the colour scheme, and that beautiful finger-drawn jar on that foggy windowpane. 

Zoella: This cover is not my type. I like the foggy windowpane like Jordan, but that's it.

It's so hard to choose a favourite cover (probably because I chose all the covers except last). Winter Queen and Ink and Bone are my favourite.

Jordan: Unsurprisingly, my favourite cover this week is that of Tillie Cole's A Thousand Boy Kisses.  The cover tugged at my heartstrings and I relish in the serenity this cover emanates.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think.